14 May, 2018

New Purse For Me





 This is a cute little crossbody purse I made for myself.

Mostly the Sunshine Wristlet by Bagstock patterns, I added some hardware to add an adjustable strap.

I used some of my favorite cork fabric along with some cotton fabric that has a cork design.
This purse has an outside pocket for my phone and a zippered security pocket inside the zippered body. Perfect small size for me.

I took it on my trip to Reno to see my son.

I cut out another to sew up for my RunningWithHandmade Etsy shop. Must sew now.

I have decided straps are my least favorite part to make.



8 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous bag, Kathy --- in the 2nd last picture, is that a band of cork across the top of the pocket, decorated with the print from the bag? It looks really elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a clutch 'handle' - part of the pattern. Not using it as such, it's purely decorative.

      Delete
    2. Very cute! I haven’t used my cork yet. Did you find sewing your’s easy? Mine seems thin and unbendable...

      Delete
    3. Linda - gosh darn blogger! I can't reply directly to you. I use an upholstery grade cork from sewdakine by way of hawaii by way of portugal/spain. I use my regular foot to sew. Sometimes, I need to pull out my teflon foot if the surface is grabbing at my foot. I also lengthen my stitches (4.0 - 4.5) -standard stuff you do when sewing leather or vinyl. I'll try on my laptop to see if I can contact you directly.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you got to go to Reno to visit your son, I bet you had fun! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the two coloured straps, and the colour goes on sally well with the cork! Gorgeous bag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bag! I hope you enjoyed your visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.