26 October, 2014

Rocket Baby Quilt Finished


One quilt finished. Need to tackle my pink one still.


 A very windy and blustery Pooh day. 
Yesterday was stormier, today we get intermittent sunbreaks.


 The backing is a mini-check flannel. You can see the scraps in the binding.
Which makes my heart sing. That piece will not be added to stash.


I was able to hit FabricDepot yesterday for the backing fabrics after work and a doctor's appointment. There was an estate sale nearby that made driving out there worthwhile. I found some pinking shears that are the coolest ever.


I machine quilted using a wavy line found in my machines' hundred stitch library - very simple. 
Rows four inches apart. I'm not a fan of every inch needs to be quilted. I like the quilt to be more plush and soft.

Inside is Hobb's Heirloom Cotton Batting - another garage sale acquisition and mostly gone making these two baby quilts. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. I like that backing/binding, too, and have become a big fan of that wavy line quilting. Your quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it on your blog. Then I searched on my machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you re quilting - I'm definitely a patchworker, not a quilter!!!! It looks great

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.